Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

I love wearing green on March 17th, even though my Scottish ancestors certainly are fuming in their graves.  I have some Irish ancestors too, however which makes for quite a blessed blend of characteristics in my DNA. 

There's a shadow side of everyone and in everyone's background, so we pray for discernment to hold onto the good, prune the not-so-good and learn lessons from that, and accept the reality of both.  I'll not be goin' all serious on ya today (said with my best Irish brogue), bein' that a wink and a grin is always a good thing.

Do you know what's green and sits in your backyard?
Paddy O'Furniture

Have you seen the cartoon of St. Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland, in his Chevy?

'I had an accident opening a can of alphabet soup this morning,' said Murphy.
'Were you injured?' inquired Seamus.
'No, but it could have spelled disaster,' concluded Murphy.

How do you save a pastor who tells too many jokes from drowning?
You don't know? Good.

So here's a blessing for you:

May God grant you many years to live,
For sure God must be knowing
The earth has angels all too few
And Heaven is overflowing.

Go mbeannai Dia duit
(May God Bless You)

Grace and joy,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment